Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Thyme Ristorante

Thyme restaurant is an italian restaurant located on Lakeshore in Etobicoke.

I'm going to apologize in advance for the poor quality of photos as it was dark inside and I didn't have my good camera with me.

We drove by this place a couple of times and saw that the review was alright so we decided to give it a try! We first sit down to this small restaurant and are offered bread. This bread is fantastic! The bread is more like bread sticks but the balsamic vinegar and olive oil that is served for dipping the bread... was fantastic. This sauce was so addicting that I went through 2 sets of bread before even starting dinner!


Tatiana got the seafood risotto, this risotto was pretty good. Fred's not here's seafood risotto is still best in my opinion so far. However this risotto was still good! I also had the Thyme 4 Risotto which was the first item on the menu for risotti. This was even better then the seafood risotto and I completely recommend it!


As we came to an italian restaurant we had to try atleast one of their pizzas. All italian pizzas are thin crust and usually have interesting toppings! This one was smoked salmon, capers, and onions. I really enjoyed this dish however Tatiana was not the biggest fan of it. It really depends on if you like capers I guess because I love capers, the combination of smoked salmon and capers makes any dish great.

I decided to order manicotti. I have never had this before and after eating it, I would say that this was a pretty good dish. It was just one ginourmous ravioli in my opinion and the cheese inside was quite good. This dish was better then the seafood risotto but not better then the Thyme 4 Risotto risotto.


Overall I would rate this place an 85% as the food was good, the bread was phenomenal, and the service was good while the cost was affordable.

I would definitely come back again.


Thyme Ristorante on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment