Sunday, November 17, 2013

Lula Lounge

Lula Lounge is a restaurant in toronto that serves a set menu with a dancing lesson!

I took tatiana here for our anniversary as I thought it would be fun to learn some dance moves and try it out! We walked in and this place looks like a dance bar, there isn't much seating locations for people to eat but it was a very red atmosphere. The pictures of the food I took were kind of hard to take as everything was red and dark.

As part of the set menu we decided to get two different appetizers and share! The first one was the tostada, pulled pork, lots of veggies, and a cream sauce drizzled on top. This was surprisingly really really good! This could have been a main if they served more! Zesty, hearty, creamy all in one.


Our second appetizer were chips and dip! We got three different kind of dips which were avocado, bean, and a fresh and zesty salsa dip.


Now to the mains! My jerk chicken burrito was fantastic, I would come back for this thing! It was packed with food, and the flavours were so good. Each section had its own sauce like the mexican flag which made it great! I didn't mix the sauces but instead ate each piece down the line getting to a new flavour after each colour.


Tatiana's dish was red snapper, this was a BIG piece of fish, I mean after I finished my meal I could barely finish the rest of the fish she had left for me. I was stuffed! Flavour wise it was quite bland and nothing to rave about.


Now my favourite part of this meal! Usually I'm not a fan of sweet things and desserts but this white chocolate mousse was the best mousse I have ever had. It was addicting now good it was! Meanwhile tat kep eating my dessert because hers was sub par. I believe she had an espresso cake.




After the meal the lights got a bit darker and the dancing lessons began! It was quite fun at first but then people outside started coming in! This quickly became a dance bar in matters of minutes!
We sat back down at our dinner table and were in awe of how many people showed up and started really dancing salsa! They looked like pros dancing around with their partners! It was so intimidating that we didn't even try to salsa after that!

So overall it was a very fun experience! the food was good, the atmosphere was fun, the drinks are always pricey but thats how it goes!

I would rate this place 75%, because i still had a good time and was satisfied with the meal!
Good anniversary date!

Lula Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment