Sunday, November 17, 2013

Royal Shawarma

Royal Shawarma is a very small shawarma place in Oakville off of the QEW and Third Line exit.
This was discovered back in the day when I was working in Burlington, to this day this is my favourite shawarma restaurant!


This place gets some nasty reviews but the reviewers have no idea what to get. This place is famous for their chicken rice shawarma plate. Everyone who writes bad reviews talk about ordering beef, or salads, or anything other then the chicken shawarma plate. This is the GO TO dish! Don't order anything else just order this!

This is a mom and pop restaurant and the last time I went I believe the kids have started to take over the business! The food still tastes the same so I have no complaints!

Now to all the angry reviewers, yes this food takes a good 20 minutes to make but boy is the wait worth it! I have them in my phone so whenever I'm in the area, I call ahead and pickup the plates!

Now to the content of the plate! The chicken is cooked very well, still juicy, but very crispy! Great seasoning too. The rice is quite standard and isn't bad but man the garlic and hot sauce... man...
These two sauces combined offer the best flavour I have tried for shawarma!!

The hot sauce is not hot, more so flavour, almost like a sweet hot sauce this is a must!! Without both there is no reason to get the plate. Even Tatiana who can't eat anything remotely spicey can eat this! Its not hot sauce, they should rename it to god sauce or something. The garlic sauce is powerful and creamy but once you mix them all together the rice spreads the sauce around and makes it the perfect dish.

I rate this restaurant a 90% for its dish, however I have NEVER ordered anything else so I cannot judge the rest of the food. It seems like by reading the reviews that they all suck but this dish... is the golden plate.

Please support this restaurant, don't ever let it go out of business!!!
DO NOT order anything other then the Chicken Shawarma Plate, the dish is around 13$ and man is it worth it...

Royal Shawarma on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment