Sunday, November 17, 2013

Santouka Ramen

Santouka Ramen this is probably my 3rd or 4rth try and a good ramen place.

Now that I'm catching up to my reviews I have eaten at other ramen places as well!
I would rank Santouka Ramen either #1 or #2 of the 5~6 restaurants I have tried so this place is good!

When I sat down at the bar I saw them making the broth and man it looked good! you could see all the bones sitting at the bottom and they were carefully getting all of the flavours out!

Tatiana got the standard Tokotsu ramen, this is her favourite type of ramen which is a pork broth soup. This was very good, the cha-shu was crispy on the edges and very tastey on the inside. The black mushrooms were a surprise and I loved the texture! Almost like jelly fish.


I got the Kara Miso Ramen, which is just spicey miso ramen. This wasn't that spicey but the colour looks intimidating! I have had many ramens to this day and this place is good. At a certain point i don't think you can make ramen taste amazing to the point of raving about it. Ramen is ramen, I have had BAD ramen but i'm accustomed to going to Japan and eating good ramen anyways! If i like it, then that is good enough!


Like I mentioned before in Toronto I would rank this place #1 or #2 next to Sansoutei Ramen.
I would go to either anytime and I would even go to Kenzo ramen as well as this seems to be located in a variety of locations.

Overall I would rate this an 81%
This place is good, not that expensive and quick!
Give it a try!


Santouka Ramen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment